2 The Information we collect
Information is collected from you when you interact with us and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name
- your email address and/or telephone number
- your job description
- your payment and delivery details, which includes your billing and delivery address
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website
- information about the pages you visited on our website, and the services you viewed
3 How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 2 above for the following purposes:
- - as required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it
- - to comply with applicable law and regulation
- - with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our services
- - we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- - to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- - we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
4 Sharing your personal data
We will only pass on information about you as an individual to third parties to enable us to provide services requested by you or with your prior consent.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors such as auditors, legal advisors, financial advisors
- our suppliers, business partners and distribution couriers
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of POS for the purposes above.
Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and identity checking.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
5 How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 12 months.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data:
(a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed
(b) while you interact with us and our content
(c) for 12 months from when you last interacted with us or our content.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for 3 months after the query is closed.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require us to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
6 Your rights in relation to your personal data which we collect
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved.
In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data:
(a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it;
(b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data;
(c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it;
(d) if we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.